Alfawise A6 Smart Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – Review
In the last week, I received a Alfawise A6 Smart Robotic Vacuum Cleaner from gearbest.com (to buy or get more details https://goo.gl/aoIi99).
My first impression when I opened the box was very good, excellent quality and a lot of features for its price.
After the box opening, I made the robot setup. It comes with a yellow page, that guides you to assemble the robot with the battery. Well, these instructions are not very good and they have some mistakes.
The first test was to clean my living room. After 20 minutes, I stopped the robot. Great, it has cleaned the ground and filled the container with a lot of powder and fluff. (well, I thought my floor was cleaner. 🙂 )
After that, I took the robot to the kitchen, bathrooms and rooms. Sometimes the robot was very annoying, passing several times at the same place, getting too long to reach other divisions, due its simple navigation system. Well, in some divisions I had to remove the carpets so the robot could do its job. However, this vacuum offers strong suction capacity and works hard to keep your floors clean. It runs for an hour, operates in a back-and-forth configuration and can navigate among many rooms.
- It is very simple and intuitive to use. (even my 2 year old daughter was able to operate it. 🙂 )
- Has a remote control, which is useful to overcome critical places or even to give simple orders to the robot.
- Has UV light that can be useful to get a cleaner place.
- Despite the several navigation modes, this robot has a very basic navigation system (the robot sometimes seems to be always in the same place).
- No rubber bumpers.
- On the wood floor, the rubber wheels let some rubber marks, that need to be cleaned after.
- Has basic sensors. For this reason, we must firstly prepare the space, remove thick carpets (sometimes it cannot overcome those with more 1,5 cm) and carpets with thread terminations and put the blocking electronic module to limite the vacuum operation zone.
The Alfawise A6 Smart Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is a lightweight vacuum cleaner, and the cleaning system makes it helpful for cleaning up largely clear spaces. This vacuum offers strong suction capacity and works hard to keep your floors clean. It runs for an hour, operates in a back-and-forth configuration and can navigate among many rooms.
As a robotic engineer I must say: it is a cost effective vacuum cleaner robot. However, It will benefit from several improvements on the navigation side. Suggestion for the manufacturer: include an interface to an external device (e.g. Android SmartPhone) where de user can develop or install advanced features using the SmartPhone capabilities.